Mobile vs Destop pokies, what’s more fun?
How to pick your all time favourite.
As smartphones are growing increasingly popular by the minute you may start asking yourself, what is the difference between mobile and desktop casino?
Let’s begin with going back in time to when desktop was the only available option for online casino players.
In 1991 when the World Wide Web (hence the ‘www’ you type into your search browser) was released to the world. After this massive invention becoming live to the world, companies all around the world saw its potential to reach to customers around the world and jumped on the internet waggon.
Shortly after in 1994 Microgaming, who are still one of the biggest on the casino game market, opened up their doors to creating the most exciting and innovative games.
From the late 90’s century online casino companies have blossomed. Some may have shriveled faster than expected during the desktop testing days but with today’s technology online casino businesses are flourishing more than ever.
When mobile casino apps started testing and launched (not that long ago) in December 2013, desktop was still the top choice to gamble online. As it was still early days of testing the apps out, many online casino companies had a lot to learn and to improve to meet their casino customers needs.
Today, mobile casino apps are an equal with the desktop of being the favourite way to gamble. Thanks to the fast growing smartphone device technology and the many reputable gaming providers who never stop to improve their apps and games.
So what is the major difference between playing online casino via the desktop or the smartphone devices apps?
We have put together this article for you to evaluate the pros and cons of desktop and mobile app gambling so you can choose your all time favourite way of playing casino online.
Are you ready? Let’s begin.
ONLINE CASINO DESKTOP
Here are some basic pros and cons for the online casino player who chooses to play on the desktop:
- Laptops and computers have been around much longer than the smartphone devices which means most people have employed stringent firewalls and antivirus protection software. This means that laptops and computers tend to be the most secure device to use.
- Computers and laptops have larger screens than the smartphone devices which makes your online casino gaming process more aesthetically pleasing.
- Computers and laptops tend to have amazing audio or even surround sounds so you feel like you are in a cinema whilst playing online pokies. This makes your online gameplay a lot more exciting as sound tends to amplify what you are feeling in the moment.
- You have a computer or a laptop setup with multiple screens then playing on your laptop or computer makes multitasking a lot easier.
- Computers and laptops have a greater memory which means you are less likely to crash in the middle of a game.
- PC’s have a larger variety of online casino games to play on.
- More accessible menu options that the apps might not have developed yet.
- Tend to have live chat available 24/7.
- Can be a more comfortable way of playing if you prefer to use a mouse.
- Anyone or anywhere that has a computer, you can play online casino on, as long as they have good internet.
- Internet cafes exist in nearly every country, city or town where computers are available to play on.
- Long battery life.
- Computers are not efficient to bring with you. They are large, bulky and need a charging point. You may also need an extension lead if you are bringing larger screens with you to move.
- Computers and laptops lack time efficiency. It takes time to find somewhere to sit down, logon to your computer or laptop, wait for it to load, find Wifi to use, connect to the Wifi, open up the browser, search your favourite online casino company, wait for it to load, then login to your casino, choose your top game and then you can begin to play.
- If someone steals your computer or laptop you may have lost all your privacy. It also tends to be harder to find a stolen laptop or computer.
- To buy a computer or laptop can be very expensive and if you choose to go for the cheaper option, the computer or laptop can be slower to use than what you would expect.
- To begin with, your computer or laptop won’t have extra screens or a surround system with it. This is something you will have to buy as extras and computer extras can be very pricey.
- If your internet decides to go for the day or has some sort of connection error then you simply can’t play online pokies.
If you do decide that desktop is the way forward for you to play online casino games on then it is important to know what kind of computer or laptop will suit you and your lifestyle.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you a traveller on the go all time?
- Do you prefer your routine and want a set spot to play in?
- Would you like a bigger or a smaller screen?
- Is playing privately or showing off your way to play online casino?
- Is your computer or laptop going to be used solely for online casino gameplay or is it also going to be accessible for work?
- Do you need RAM to run third-party tools smoothly such as Holdem Manager or PokerTracker?
- Is speed, the visuals or the memory more favourable?
- Or perhaps all the above?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help you to choose what kind of computer you should buy.
Here are some recommended computers to look into for the online pokies player:
- HP Stream 11: The HP Stream 11 gets its name from the laptop’s 11.6 inch screen. It has a screen resolution of 1366×768 and has 2GB of RAM, Windows 8.1 with a battery life of 6 hours, for under $200.
- Asus Zenbook UX305: Here you have a 13.3 inch, 1080p laptop with 12.3mm being it widest point. This is a great option for the ‘on-the-go’ worker as it is one of the most portable laptops out there. It also has great connectivity with an SD card reader and microHDMI which is brilliant for pokies online.
- 12-inch Apple Macbook 2015: There is no doubt about it that the Apple laptops are the ones dominating the market at the moment. These superb machines suit playing desktop pokies at anytime. The Macbook has stunning visuals and audio sound that will have you immersed into your laptop. This model has a 12 inch screen 12-inch 2304×1440 Retina display and 9 hour battery life.
- Dell XPS 13 2015: This particular Dell model has an amazing battery life of 11 hours long. With its 13-inch and 1920×1080 screen the laptop will have your online video pokies gameplay at ease.
- Apple 2015 13-inch Macbook Pro: Another Apple laptop on our list for playing desktop pokies. This Apple Macbook model has 13.3-inch 2560×1600 IPS screen and is to put it simply, exceptional.
- Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW: If you are looking for a laptop to solely play online pokies on then look no further than the Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW. Considered being a beast with its Core i7-6700HQ powered monster and a screen resolution of 3840×2160 resolution that will give you a lot of value for your money.
These three games are a must play for when you have a cracking computer or laptop to enjoy all the casino fun on:
- Jammin’ Jars Slot
- Bonanza Slot
- Mega Moolah Slot
ONLINE CASINO MOBILE APP
It’s a tough call to choose between playing on the desktop or on the mobile casino app. There is simply no right or wrong choice since the mobile apps caught up with the quality and speed of the desktop version. You are spoiled for choice in the online casino world.
Again, if you know what you want and don’t want it can be easy to choose which one is more convenient for your working lifestyle.
The mobile casino apps are perfect for the jetsetter, on-the-go working parent, on the sofa, in the bathtub or during lunch at work. Because of the smartphone devices flexibility, you can play anywhere at anytime, all you need is a great Wifi connection to make sure your gameplay is as smooth as possible.
Here are your mobile app pros and cons:
- Smartphones are the most portable devices this means that bringing with you your smartphone device you can play mobile pokies from the comfort of your friends home or on the bus on your way from work.
- Playing on mobile apps is very time efficient as you simply just pick up your smartphone device, press on your app and play. There is no need to go on the browser and wait for things to load.
- Smartphone devices that you play mobile pokies on are a lot smaller than a computer or a laptop which means they are easy to carry with you wherever you go.
- You can deposit and withdraw as normal on the mobile pokies app.
- There’s no need to re-register when you download the mobile app. All you need to do is to login with your already existing casino details.
- Smartphone devices have great graphics and audio effects. It becomes a very intimate pokies game when you sit on your smartphone with your headphones in.
- Smartphone devices have great speed. Apple is continuously updating the devices with new and improved, speed, graphics and anything else to make your smartphone experience more enjoyable.
- You don’t have to be connected to wifi at all times. With great network connection there’s no need to find a place with wifi connection as you can access the mobile casino app at anytime.
- The older smartphones may not be able to handle the heavy graphics that today’s software companies have developed. You’ll need a newer smartphone to be able to play mobile pokies without any lags.
- You’ll need to always make sure that you have the latest iOS software updated to avoid and faulty app connections.
- Small battery life. You need make sure you always have a charger on you or that your smartphone is well charged before playing on your mobile pokies app as it can drain your battery quite quickly.
- For security reasons avoid using public wifi hotspots specially during any money transactions.
The top 3 fastest mobile pokies games are:
- Book of Dead Slot
- Starburst Slot
- Vikings Go Berzerk Slot
It all comes down to your preference weather your prefer to sit down in a more controlled and prepared environment or if your prefer to play in the most convenient way. Desktop will always be better if you sit down in front of your laptop and computer and enjoy the ride whilst the mobile pokies apps are better for the person who is on the go and want speed. Playing on mobile pokies apps allows you to wack open your smartphone device in any scenario and play weather you are on the toilet or on your holidays.
Again, you might want both options depending on your mood each day but in the end of the day, the online casino companies, software developers and smartphone inventors are always on your side to make your gameplay more efficient, fun and easily accessible regardless if it is on your smartphone or your laptop.
The choice is yours. Enjoy.