Card Sharks is a very weird game which is based on the former television game show which had the same name. If you need to compare it to something it is very similar to the casino game Catch a Wave.
- The game can be played with 4, 6 or 8 ordinary decks containing 52 cards.
- All of the cards will be scored just like in poker, except that the aces will always be high.
- The player now gets the chance to make a bet according to the table limits.
- Now the player will get a face up card.
- He can either keep the card that he just got or replace it with the next card located in the shoe.
- Then he must choose if this next card will be higher or lower than the card that he currently has.
- The next card will be dealt to him, face up like the last one.
- If the player made the wrong guess he will lose and the game will be over.
- If the card that was just drawn is equal to the player’s last card he will still lose and the game will be over.
- If he chose correctly the new card will stay and the last card will be placed inside of a discard tray.
- The steps between 6 and 10 will be repeated two more times.
- If a player manages to make three correct guesses then it will be said that he just completed level 1 and can move on to level 2.
- Now for level 2 the player will get a new card and have to repeat steps 6 to 10 three more times.
- If the player makes a wrong guess or gets a rank that matches his card while playing in level 2, he will win and get paid 1 to 1.
- If a player manages to complete level 2 he will be paid 3 to 1 instead.
There is also a “tie” side bet which you can try out. Here is how it works:
- You may only make this side bet at the same time with the primary wager. The casino can and probably will decide the betting limits.
- The player will win the side bet if he ever loses his primary wager due to a tie.
- If a tie happens when you are switching cards it will not resolve the side bet.
- If the player completes the game or loses for any reason other than a tie this bet will instead lose.