Here we have a new Poker based game called Boston 5. Let me give you a general idea about the rules, strategy and the house advantage for this particular game.
- To start the game off players will have to make and ante bet and a “first wager”. This first wager has to be exactly twice the ante.
- Players also have the option to make a 3 card bonus bet if they want. The pay tables for this bet can be different from casino to casino. The player can’t make this bet alone though; he has to play the main game as well in order to qualify.
- Now players are going to get 3 cards each.
- If the player has made the 3 card bonus bet and got at least a pair in his hand then he should show the dealer his cards in order to receive immediate payment.
- If he has finished reviewing his three cards the player has to decide if he will fold or raise. When he decides to fold he will give up his cards and all of his bets. If he chooses to raise instead he has to make a “second wager” which will be exactly equal to the first one he made.
- Now each player who is still in the game will be dealt two more cards.
- All of the hands will be compared to the dealer’s own 5-card hand and the bigger hand will win.
- If the player ends up having the stronger hand then he will be paid even money on the first and second wagers while the ante will push.
- If instead the dealer has the stronger hand the player will lose all of his wagers including the ante.
- In the unlikely event that both the dealer and the player have equal hands, which is highly unlikely, all the bets including the ante will push.
- Regardless of who has the higher hand in the end the player will still be eligible for an Ante Bonus for hands with two pair or greater, all of it based on the ante bet. Keep in mind though that if the player has a bonus hand but loses to the dealer he will still get the bonus but lose the ante bet instead.
Card Bonus Bet
- Straight Flush – 40 to 1
- Three of a kind – 30 to 1
- Straight – 6 to 1
- Flush – 4 to 1
- Pair – 1 to 1
- Royal Flush – 1000 x Ante
- Straight Flush – 200 x Ante
- Four of a Kind – 100 x Ante
- Full House – 25 x Ante
- Flush – 15 x Ante
- Straight – 10 x Ante
- Three of a kind – 5 x Ante
- Two pair – 2 x Ante